Customized Services for Your Business
Thurston First Bank’s custom services bring convenience, security and savings right to your door.
We believe the right banking relationship should save you time and money. Our primary objective is to customize and even create services to make sure they’re the best fit for your business. Mobile Branching, Deposits, Online Banking, Fraud & Error Protection, Electronic Solutions, On-Site Installation & Training and Loan Products are some of the ways we help businesses do more with their money--and their time.
No one understands the value of time quite like a business owner. Thurston First Bank has responded by deploying Mobile Branches. There is no longer a need to waste valuable employee time, let alone your own, on trips to the bank. It eliminates employer liability during transport. Our bonded branch managers come to your place of business, bringing with them the same service and protection as the teller window, including FDIC insurance. They can also fulfill cash requests by delivering specified amounts of coin and currency.
When you deposit your money in most banks, they put it to work for them. Thurston First Bank offers a range of deposit products that make sure your money is working as hard as it can for you, day and night.
- Business checking accounts, including credit-earning analysis accounts for high volume clients
- Sophisticated cash management services that maximize your overnight earnings such as sweep accounts and sweep/repurchase agreements
- Business money market and savings accounts
- Certificates of deposit
- Basic Business
- Business Interest
- Business Analysis
- Not for Profit
Certificates of Deposit
Corporate Treasury Management
Merchant Card Services
Expand your customers' payment options, simplify your business operations and increase revenue with our card processing solutions. Merchant Card Services enables your business to accept credit cards, debit cards, electronic checks, gift cards and other payment options. Regardless of size or industry, the ability to process credit card transactions can benefit your company in many ways.
- By accepting multiple forms of payment, you give your customers options and flexibility. You also introduce a new audience of customers to grow your business.
- In addition, card processing is an efficient, convenient payment solution that helps you improve cash flow by ensuring timely, automatic deposits to your account.
- Value-added services—like gift card and prepaid card programs—can provide a new channel for generating profits and increasing your revenue. Check verification and guarantee services can help you limit your risk from bad checks.
Thurston First Bank offers online banking with an option. Choose either EZ Online Banking or Business Online Banking and enjoy the convenience of safe and secure access to your accounts; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact us and let us help you choose an online banking service that best suits your needs. With two online banking options, the choice is yours!
EZ Online Banking
With EZ Online Banking, managing your finances is convenient, easy, and best of all itís free. Staying informed has never been easier. Schedule balance alerts, notifications when checks clear, payment due dates, CD maturity dates, and more. Itís a convenient way to view your accounts daily plus:
- View, print or download monthly bank statements
- View and print check images
- Transfer between accounts
- Create recurring payments
- Stop Payment requests
- Pay bills using EZ Bill Pay
- Download to Quicken, Money and QuickBooks
Business Online Banking
There's never a charge, our Business Online Banking tool is free. Our Business Online Banking tool sets us apart from retail banking. It's designed with the business owners in mind. Safeguard access to your accounts by creating users and delegating permissions and authority to individual accounts. Business Online Banking also gives you instant access to:
- Account Balances
- Make Loan Payments
- Bank Statements
- View and Print Check Images
- Stop Payment Requests
- Balance Alerts
- Download to QuickBooks
- Export to comma delimited
- Send secure emails to the bank
You'll never have to wait for your statements to arrive. We deliver your statements securely to you electronically. Each month you receive an email notifying you that your statements are available for viewing.
Paying your bills has never been easier. Online Bill Pay is the simple and secure way to pay all your bills. It is an effective way to take control of your time and money. With Online Bill Pay weíre always open. You can pay your bills whenever and wherever you want. All you need is a computer with Internet access. Once you sign up, you will be able to perform the following functions:
Positive Pay Fraud & Error Protection
- Pay bills online
- Pay virtually anyone
- Schedule single or recurring payments
- View detailed payment history
When it comes to preserving your profits, it never hurts to have an extra set of eyes. With Positive Pay, Thurston First Bank provides an additional line of defense against losses due to employee theft or error. By validating the dollar amount and check number of each check before it is paid, Positive Pay shields you from costly losses and delivers peace of mind. Any checks that fail to match your issue information, called "exceptions," are researched and reconciled. If an unauthorized or altered check is identified, you will be notified electronically. You review the exception items and indicate online whether the checks are to be paid or returned.
Features and Benefits
- Online access to exception items. Each morning, Electronic Positive Pay provides you with access to:
- Checks not included on the issue file
- Checks with duplicated serial numbers
- Checks without serial numbers
- Checks for which the paid amount differs from the amount on your issue file
- Online pay or return options. As you review your exception items each day, you can immediately enter pay or return decisions for each check online. You may choose to pay the check, or return it as unauthorized.
- Teller line protection. The Teller Positive Pay service integrates your check-issue information with our teller system, offering you further protection if criminals come to our banking centers to cash counterfeit checks drawn on your account.
- Disbursement monitoring. Should you delegate check-disbursing capabilities to others, you can monitor any unauthorized disbursements for each site.
- Online transaction reporting. You can access a summary report of the previous day's transactions. The report includes the status of each exception, paid or returned, and each issue, added or cancelled.
- Automation. Communicating online eliminates the time and costs associated with faxing and making telephone calls, and it ensures reporting and processing accuracy.
- Direct Deposit. Electronically deposit payroll, bonus, commission, dividend, expense reimbursement and other types of funds directly into the accounts of employees, retirees and shareholders. Small business cost analysis shows that Direct Deposit can save companies thousands of dollars per year in employee time and processing costs.
- Direct Debit. Small businesses and not for profit organizations can dramatically improve the predictability, accuracy, and collection of their receivables/donations with Thurston First Bankís ACH Origination direct deposit program. Let us help you develop a Direct Debit program that will expedite your records and streamline your work processes.
Eliminate daily trips to the bank to deposit checks. EZ Deposit® lets you scan and submit checks from your desktop PC over a secure internet connection. You don’t need any special software, just your browser and a scanner provided by Thurston First Bank.
It has never been easier to make deposits and manage your accounts than with EZ Deposit®. Thurston First Bank can receive and clear checks faster, often making funds available as early as the next morning.
Remote Deposit Station
Remote Deposit Station provides high check volume clients the ability to eliminate lock box services and process their own receipts, in house, with the use of a high-speed check scanning system. The system enables them to scan checks, export files and research the check image as well as data captured from the checks processed. Remote Deposit Station has the ability to scan other items such as remittance coupons, providing further functionality to update receivables.
On-Site Installation & Training
We do more than provide highly customized banking products that help your business run efficiently. We make sure you get the greatest possible benefit from EZ Deposit®, online banking, ACH and other services by coming to your place of business to install the required equipment and train users.
We see our relationship with our clients as a continuous two-way learning process. The more we learn about your business through consultation, training and support, the better we can tailor our services to fit your needs.
Customizable lending options for your business to include:
Personal & Commercial Lines of Credit
A business line of credit gives your business access to cash, whenever you need it, up to a pre-specified amount. The main advantage of a line of credit is flexibility. Funds are always available when you need them, but you pay no interest until you draw on the line. The line can be secured or unsecured with a variable interest rate.
Business lines of credit are great for a variety of ongoing or short-term financing needs, such as seasonal working capital, purchasing inventory, materials, or equipment and financing accounts receivable.
Equipment Purchase Loans
Thurston First Bank offers loans that provide a one-time lump sum for the purchase of manufacturing, printing, or distribution equipment; heavy-duty trucks; computers; machine tools; and medical equipment. The loans are secured by the equipment itself and structured with fixed monthly payments at a competitive rate of interest.
SBA “504” Program
The Small Business Administration (SBA) has created a program of government-guaranteed loans designed to help small businesses get the funds they need. SBA loans offer higher loan-to-value ratios (up to 90%) and more flexible terms than conventional loans.
SBA loans can help growing businesses:
- Purchase or renovate real estate
- Acquire fixed assets such as heavy machinery or specialized equipment
- Borrow working capital for ongoing needs
- Fund the acquisition of new businesses
SBA loans are made available to for-profit, owner-operated sole proprietorships, corporations and partnerships that are not able to qualify for credit under reasonable terms.
USDA Guaranteed Loan Program
Thurston First Bank has developed a relationship with the United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development, which assists in financing projects in rural areas in Washington State. These projects can have a wide range of applications that benefit communities and municipalities as well as Indian Nations on sovereign land. Examples include health clinics, water systems, waste treatment plants, hospitals and tribal centers. By using the combination of the USDA Rural Development Guarantee and Thurston First Bankís expertise, projects once unthinkable can become a reality.